Purses don't have to be sewn, why not crochet:   

 I love to crochet purses. I make some lined and some unlined depending on the type of crochet stitch I use and what the purses dimensions are. I decided to share a couple pictures of 2 of my favorites. These are both at Annies Little Pots, an absolutely delightful store that sells local artisan goods.

      This first purse is a striped purse that is not lined. I just love the bright stripes and it is smaller being about 16 inches wide by about 10 inches tall not including  the handle. You can't tell in the picture but it has a flat bottom and sits well by itself on a table or shelf.

      I think this yellow purse turned out so cute. It is done in bobble stitch and has wood handles. I don't remember the dimensions but it is almost as tall as it is wide. It is lined because bobble stitches aren't all that tight and if I feel like something might fall through the stitches in the crochet bag I always line it.

I love how the bobbles look in the yellow and how the smooth wood of the handles compliment the knobbiness of the bobbles.    

It is lined in a beautiful floral pattern, has 2 pockets and a magnetic snap closure. Just looking at these pictures makes me want to go crochet more purses so off I go and lets see what I can make in the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. The bobble purse I'm in love with! So cute! It's nice that they have magnetic closures and pockets. Very Cute!

    ReplyDelete