Entertain the kiddos with lil toys:

I recently worked up the pattern for these adorable kittens. They have long tails and cute little whiskers. I've made puppies before but was having trouble developing a body that actually made these little guys look like cats. I think by curving the back it gives it a cat-like feel.  
                                    
I also love the lil turtles. You can make them in so many colors that they are very fun to crochet. These turtles were one of the first toys that I ever made. Most little kids just can't resist them. They are small, easy to hold, and come in a variety of colors. I have even had people buy them for their pets too!





Now I am going to show you one of the new items that I have created. It is an owl and I happened to design him quite by accident. I was trying to design a cat amigurumi and couldn't quite get the body right. This was a cat body that I didn't feel was the right dimensions so I left it on the table next to my chair. I picked it back up later and was pondering what to do with it when I saw the little owl in it. So I crocheted him some eyes, a beak, wings and added little tufts. Lo and Behold, I had this cute little owl.  And now I love making them in lots of colors and patterns and they can even match some of the owl hats!


I don't just crochet all my toys, I sew toys too. Crochet is just my first choice, it is easy to do while watching tv or listening to music. Check out these Teddy Bears, I'm currently selling some on my Etsy.  I love the one with all the zoo animals on it. I use a pattern I've had for a long time and these are a big hit at craft shows!

1 comment: