What to do with your scrap yarn:

Have you ever wondered what to do with your scrap yarn besides Granny Squares? Well, one of my favorite projects that I make from scraps is snakes. I make 3 different sizes Large (6 feet long and 10 inches diameter), Medium (4 feet long and 7 inches diameter), and Small (12 inches long and about an inch in diameter.

The small snakes really make me smile when I get a whole pile of them done and they are all together. They are just so darn cute laying in a basket together. Much better than a basket of scrap yarn.


The medium snake, pictured above is a great seller because kids just love them. I don't have a picture of the large snake because I have only made a few and gave them away to family members. I have a great nephew who sleeps with the snake I gave him. I have been making scrap yarn snakes since I was a teenager. I developed the pattern because I got bored with always making Granny Squares. What do you do with your scrap yarn?

1 comment: